Thursday 3 June 2021

Describe a time when you visited a street market in your city | IELTS CUE Card 2021


Describe a time when you visited a street market in your city solved for you by Tim Rutter, native IELTS trainer from UK. One of the most repeated cue card topics that might come again in your upcoming ielts speaking test. Describe a time when you visited a street market in your city, You should say: When it was? What can you buy there? What you bought? And explain how you felt about it? You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. And You can make some notes if you want In Delhi you can find many different types of market in every locality, but the one I'd like to talk about is situated close to where I used to live in East Delhi. I went to it most weeks for either specific items or just to enjoy the hustle and bustle looking around. As I mentioned it's in East Delhi, an area called Mandawali, and it's held every Tuesday evening from around 6pm. The stalls are set up all along the streets and lanes as well as in one of the municipal car parks. I always went as soon as it was up and running, usually, 6:30, as later in the evening it became so crowded, I could hardly see what each stall was selling. Well, when it comes to what things you can get there, it's more appropriate to say what can't you get there. Literally anything and everything from clothes for the whole family to pots and pans for the kitchen, a huge array of household goods including bedding, towels, rugs and ornaments, alongside fashion footwear and plastic products. To be honest, sometimes I didn't need anything, I simply went window shopping or to browse. But, out of all the things I bought there the best buy were cotton bed linen sets, really reasonably priced, great quality and fantastic patterns in vivid contemporary styles. I bought 2 sets because I couldn't decide which I preferred, and there was a fair discount. The other thing about Mandawali street market, that makes it so good is that adjacent to it is the vegetable market, so I often did all the purchasing I needed in one visit. This market is a boon for the locals, not only for shopping but it provides a social meeting place, where friends and neighbours stop and chat. I loved going there as I felt part of a community, plus I am a bit of a shopaholic. Frankly, I miss it as there isn't a market near where I live now, I hope the street markets like Mandawal thrive and flourish, I'm sure once the country gets back to normality after the pandemic they will be reborn. Vocabulary explained: Up and running; started Array; range, variety Hustle and bustle; busy, lively Browse; look at a variety of things Window shopping; looking but not buying Vivid; bright, colourful Adjacent to; joined to, near Shopaholic; someone who loves shopping, is addicted to Thrive; develop Flourish; grow Follow up Questions Do you like shopping online or going out for shopping? What difference do you feel about shopping alone and shopping with friends? What are the advantages or disadvantages of shopping in a big mall? Do people like to buy branded products? In your opinion are big discounts real or just an advertisement? #Cuecardspeaking #cuecardspeaking2021 #cuecardmaytoaugust2021 cue card ielts, cue card 2021, cue card april to august 2021, cue card june 2021, cue card july 2021, cue card august 2021, cue card book, cue card crowded place you have visited, cue card garden in your city, cue card kaise bole, cue card list may to august 2021 #cuecardstreetmarketinyourcity street market cue card follow up, cue card speaking street market, street market ielts cue card, cue card about street market, describe a street market cue card, cue card on street market, talk about street market cue card, new cue card street market, new cue card describe a street market

No comments:

Post a Comment